Greetings! My name is Maria, I am looking for a Senior Rust Developer to join the team of my Estonian customer REMOTELY.
Project: a high-performance, open-source platform for launching decentralized applications on the Solana blockchain using the same programming languages and developer tooling as Ethereum. Ethereum developers can scale performance and access new liquidity without significant code changes, or build scalable applications from day one.
Recruitment process: 2 interviews
Holidays: 24 working days during a year, with compensation if not taken
- Write quality code that can be used in the development and published;
- Propose solutions to fix code/architecture bottlenecks;
- Advise Neon EVM customers on technical implementation;
- Participate in the development and specification of the next versions of Neon Labs products.
- Implement proposed solutions using Rust programming language and low-level optimization techniques.
- Ensure quality, reliability, and performance of developed solutions using automated (unit, integration, performance) and manual and automation testing in collaboration with the QA team.
- Maintain and improve implemented modules according to business needs and feedback.
- 7+ years of commercial experience in software development.
- 4+ years of experience in development of high-performance/high-concurrency/low-latency systems.
- Deep knowledge of two or more programming languages. Extensive experience with Rust (2+ years), and experience with C++ or another low-level/system programming language (3+ years).
- Good understanding of fundamental, creational, structural, behavioral, and concurrency design patterns and principles of work with them.
- Strong adherence to principles of effective software engineering and corresponding practices.
- Excellent understanding of computer systems and software architecture - x86 architecture, multithreading, NUMA memory allocation, Linux OS, data structures and algorithms.
- Debugging, profiling, and performance optimization skills.
- Understanding the principles of work with NoSQL, newSQL, key-value, and Graph storages.
- Strong communication skills in English (upper-intermediate English or higher).
- Understanding Software Lifecycle, Teamwork, and the principles of Agile and Scrum, and the practical use of best practices from there.
- Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
Nice to have:
- Good understanding of CI/CD.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes.
- Multi-platform development experience.
- Experience working with open-source projects.
- Experience with Web3.js and the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Good understanding and experience with contracts development (Solidity).
- Experience in developing basic blockchain protocols.
- Participation in the design and development of blockchain nodes.
- Experience in building distributed and scalable systems.
- Prior experience working as a software architect.
- Experience in Solana (Rust) contract development. Understanding of Solana architecture.